Thursday, April 3, 2014

Woody Gap-Neels Gap

Day 3 04-02-14 10-Miles
Woody gap-Neels gap
Today was a rough day. Blood Mt was awesome! I'm coming to believe that Dawn was made for this stuff. She hikes as fast or faster than every person we've met except one. In her defense, that guy is ex-special forces. It was also my birthday. On top of blood mt I met a guy from Manchester England who also was celebrating his birthday. That guy was truly interesting. He is ex-British Army and now works as a maritime mercenary guarding ships from pirates. He has a super thick accent, and might be one of the coolest guys I've ever talked to. We got to chat for the better part of an hour last night.  I got a trail name.  I'm now dubbed Gilligan, because of my hat and the handkerchief I wore around my neck to protect from sunburn.  Over all it was a great day to be on the trail.  





No comments:

Post a Comment